Saturday, July 4, 2009

On an Errand

Twitter is an odd tool, and I can't believe that I enjoy it as much as I do! Through Twitter, I've connected with a wildly helpful group of educators that has become so important to me in my professional life--people that I "know" only online, but that I've come to trust and rely on as my authentic personal learning network.

I follow a few other people on Twitter as well, some friends IRL (in real life), and a few that I think of as friends, even though we've never met. It's an odd thing, these virtual friends--most of my local friends/family think I'm just weird.

Here's a short audio clip about a virtual friend of mine in England--a lady that I have grown quite fond of. Her Twitter name is Granumentally (grandmother of Documentally, who does the typing for her when he visits). Read and listen to her story, and her grandson's here.

Anyway, below is a recent audio clip--a bittersweet observation by a devoted grandson. I think we can all learn from it. Thanks for sharing, @Documentally and @Granumentally !


Listen!

No comments: